We Pashbys have been known to go all out for our celebrations. Surprises, parties, gatherings... that type of thing. From anniversaries to birthdays, we've generally not been shy to celebrate and certainly never let a special moment pass by without some sort of hoopla.
But Mom's birthday this year, this past Saturday, was particularly important, for obvious reasons. There was no fuss and no particular fanfare though.
We celebrated with a lowkey and casual family weekend at the cottage. It started with a big, relaxing breakfast in comfy clothes. Then some bundling up and walking on the beach. In the evening, all nine of us and Aunt Janie had a end of summer dinner, with salmon that Max brought from BC and a cake Karen and I (with Grace's help) made for Mom as requested - marble cake with vanilla and chocolate icing. We polished off the evening watching the film version of Mamma Mia together, singing along to the old classics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Happy Birthday, dear Lizzie! Sounds like a wonderful time surrounded by your beloveds. I hope you were wearing the fancy hats I see in the previous picture, and had extra extra cake.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and best wishes for a year of rejuvenation, joy and renewed strength.
Sara xoxo
Happy Birthday Liz. I bet I can guess how old you are!!!
ReplyDeleteAnne Ferguson
What a fabulous way to spend your birthday Liz!!! Love the picture of the family :>)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Liz! Hope you enjoyed your family time together. Any excuse to be with family is a good one... Hope you are gaining strength and stamina. Love to read about you and yours. Blessings and lots of love to you and yours from the Lister Lot - Bob and Lis
ReplyDelete