Mom is over the half-way mark of her 6 weeks of standard treatment (radiation + chemo pill). The fact that there are less days to go than there have been days completed makes her happy. She is definitely feeling tired and experiencing more side-effects, but overall says she feels that she is coping. She had a chance to really relax and rest up at the cottage this weekend. The great weather meant that Grace and Maeve were outside playing, and Mom could see them heading out to the sandbars and making sandcastles with Grandpa from her quiet place in her room. Maeve had Grandma read her lots of stories, and Grace got in a lot of great cuddles.
The 30 year old air conditioner at 69 Airdrie was not cooperating, so Mom and Dad stayed up north on Monday night. Dad calls the AC repair guy his "new best friend" because he had it up and going pretty much as soon as they got back yesterday.
We are all very impressed by how well Mom is taking everything. We appreciate all the well-wishes and support.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest Liz: I only recently found out from Donna Bailey about your current trials. Congratulations on reaching this halfway milestone...I remember how important those milestones were. I applaud you and your marvellous family for all the courage, dignity, ingenuity, and love that has kept you all afloat in these frightening waters. I will be in Toronto the first weeks of June, and if you are well enough, will make contact again. In the meantime, I will send something snail mail...which still has some merits, I believe. David and I send huge rays of loving energy. How I treasure our long friendship, and wish I could be there for the hugs. Love Karen Fort
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you were able to spend some quiet time up at the cottage. Reading to Maeve and cuddling with Grace must have made every moment that more special. I know how much you love being around them. Passing that half way point is a huge milestone and congratulations for getting yourself there! I love you so much and think about all of you every day.
Love, Susan and the Boys
Dear Liz,
ReplyDeleteI read the message I sent to you and it sounded so weak. Not at all what I really wanted to say. I heard thru Dianne and Dobra of your illness and they heard from Pat Kempston. We haven't seen each other in such a long time but we really have shared a lot. I just wanted to let you know how much I care.I can see from the blog how courageous you are and I'm not surprised by that. I'll be thinking about you,Liz. And from my heart,I truly care. Keep up the great work. I know it's not easy. With affection to you and your family.
love,
Rochelle
Hi Liz
ReplyDeleteJohn and I are home now after 10 days away. I took my parents to visit my brother in Victoria and John had a "paying gig' in Johannesburg.
We are happy to hear that you are "coping" although the side effects are so very tiring.
And we are so grateful for the blog to keep us informed!
Love
Barb and John
Glad to hear the treatments are progressing well and that you are coping, Liz. It isn't easy, but it sounds as though you are getting the rest and quiet you need.
ReplyDeletePeter and I are now in the Lakes District having accomplished our cross channel 'race' last Sunday. It was an exciting sail with gale force winds at one point, but we both have a clear sense of accomplishment.
We think of you often and send you our love.
Sue & Peter