Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mom's Impressions of Today

Here's what Mom has to say about today's event:

"Bill and I made our first trip today to the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Hospital. It was a long, exhausting session, that started at about 2pm and lasted until about 5:30pm.

In the long run we learned a lot and we left with a feeling of energy and hope.

Your strength sustains us, dear friends, and we love you more than you'll ever know."

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We here in Canmore are sending all our positive vibes and healthy thoughts to Liz and the whole family... if anyone has enough love and supportive family surrounding them to heal them into health, it is Liz Pashby.
    lots of love, Sarah and Shayne Brooking xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my dear special friend and cousin. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and we know your "larger than life" spirit will help you as you approach and tackle each day. We are all on "Liz's Team". I so very much appreciated Christie's e-mail yesterday. She is so thoughtful and so caring.
    Many many hugs and loads of love
    Brenda and my BC Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, Libby, Rob, Darby & I all send our love.
    We want to "give you your space" from well-meaning friends, but as we are only 10 houses away, we hope you'll understand that we'll be over in a New York minute if you call.
    I'm still in rehab and the doctors are telling me to walk a great deal. If you see Ann, Darby & me passing by, feel free to whistle.
    We love you and our thoughts & prayers are with you daily.
    Randy Echlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz and family,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that you can enjoy this weekend's beautiful weather at your cottage.
    Kathy Smith(EYCI)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Wonderful Liz and family,

    I can just imagine the butterflies in you and Bill's tummies when you went for your first visit to the Odette Cancer Centre. I am so comforted to know that you left feeling more hopeful and energized. Thank heaven for this Blog, otherwise I would have to park outside your house and wait for any new details! You are in our thoughts constantly and each night when I get into bed Jeff asks me for an update on the blog. Then I fall asleep with you in my mind. Love you loads. Terry xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was heartened to read in this blog that you were going to get to go to the cottage this weekend. I certainly hope that panned out for you. I am a constant follower of the blog for updates and make a nuisance of myself, bothering Terry and Leda for more information. All my best, Liz. I would love to come see you whenever it is allowed. Meanwhile, enjoy all the beauty Georgian Bay has to offer. (I have come down to my mother's and left it all to you this weekend) Much love, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that the first difficult appointment at the Odette CC is over, and that despite the exhaustion of a long day and no doubt and overload of information, that there is optimism and energy at the end!

    I'm also happy that the weekend gods of weather smiled, and sent you the most beautiful sun and winds for your cottage stay in Georgian Bay. What a wonderful Easter gift.

    Wishing you a week of moving forward, and hope to see you soon. Thinking of you daily, and sending you OODLES of love,
    Sara xoxo

    ReplyDelete