Sunday, March 28, 2010

Liz's Weekend and the Week Ahead

This is Christie writing with a few updates from Airdrie Rd...

We have been watching Pride and Prejudice, spending quiet time together and trying to rest. Mom had her first outing today to Karen's condo, and it refreshed her.

She has an appointment this week with a radiologist at the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook, and with a medical-oncologist next week, also at Odette which is practically just up the street for us all. We are fortunate to be able to do all of this so close to home. Also this week she will have the staples removed from her incision on the back of her head.

If you'd like to know more about Liz's condition, please see this link and then you can follow links at the bottom of the page for more information.

Rest assured that all of your comments and messages posted here are read by each of us and shared with Mom.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for setting up this system - both so you can give so many of us updates and information - but also so that we can know what you're looking for from us.
    I hope what you're all feeling is the world's biggest "group hug" from all who care about you, Liz - and for Bill, Christie, Kathy & Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cherish your updates, especially the news of good movies and warm baths. Your have been so generous with your love and support for our family over the years, and now it's our turn to be here for you. With much love....Sue, Paul, Sally & Grahame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything Sue said, emphatically, yes.
    I think of you guys every day.

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking and praying for you all. I am glad that you are home Liz to enjoy your space and super terrific family. Please let me know if there is anything we can do, for super speedy service I will jump the fences in the backyeard if needed ;)

    All the best,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of all of you all the time and am so happy to have this blog to read so I can keep up with everything. Auntie Liz, I'm so glad you are comfortable at home and relaxing with your family. I love you all!
    Love and Hugs,
    Susan, Walker and Leo
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neil and I are sending you very warm wishes. We know this is a difficult time, but know you are in the hearts of many.

    Mom wants you know that she will keep updated on your blog. She sends you love and will be thinking of you.

    Love to you all, Wendy, Neil and Aunt Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pashbies,
    I just wanted to add my big virtual hug into the wave heading your way from over here in the Big Apple. I hope all this infusion of family love brings you lots of smiles. I'm thinking of you all.

    Lots of love,
    Lorrie Smith

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are friends of Kathy and Dan's... thank you for keeping us informed. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Warm regards,
    Angela & Andre

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Liz,
    In times of crisis, Colin Firth and P&P are always a great comfort. Not to mention the hot baths. Keep 'em coming.

    Hope to hug you soon,
    Sara xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for keeping us updated. You are in our thoughts. We hope you enjoy this warm long weekend with family. Stay strong!

    Hussain and Zakia

    ReplyDelete